Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flying Hearts




I've always loved the winged heart image. I used to doodle this all over my notebooks when I was in Jr. High and High School.




So I have made a couple winged hearts. I have used silver embossing ink and extra thick clear embossing powder on the wings of one of the hearts, which I then cracked. The breaks in the wings just make it feel right to me, since this last year has been one of the hardest of my life but I'm still flying :). This one I am keeping and have put in the journal that I have made.




I used Cool Grey 0.5 ShinHan Touch marker to detail the feathers in the wings of the second heart and then covered them with Diamond Glaze and sprinkled some clear, iridescent glitter on them. It's very pretty but the details don't show up in the pictures well.




Both hearts are shaded by sponging on Aged Mahogany Distress inks and an unlabeled light pink chalk ink and highlighted with more Diamond Glaze.




I'm happy with how they turned out, they are very dimensional...and they just make me feel happy!

No comments: