Friday, January 20, 2006

Blown Shoulder

Had appointment with an orthopedic surgeon today, I have blown shoulder from a fall about 15 years ago. He was a bit suprised the way it pops and snaps. Alway have pain from it but is tolerable with Advil. The problem is after this many years, the damage is progressing, now my collar bone snaps and pops, like cracking knuckles and years of Advil isn't heathy. So time to schedule surgery to shave down the bones so they stop rubbing and to give the rotar cuff time to heal and strengthen the muscles that haven't been used correctly for over a decade. Dr says I should be able to return to light duty work after about 2 weeks, then 6 weeks before any real activity.
I'm a little bummed about that because my Juliana will be ready to ride in that time and I won't be able to use her until I'm healed. Ahh well, just motivation to get better faster I guess.

Was planning to ride today but too tired, too much drama last night that I DON'T need or WANT in my life. A boring, drama free life is a GOOD LIFE.

No comments: