Wednesday, February 28, 2007

1st Annual Frigid Moose Drewl Winter Mountain Bike Race

Yep, you read that right. This weekend there will be a winter race put on by a guy with the Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers (who co-exist and work peacefully together promoting self-propelled activities, trail protection and restoration) - maybe the Wilderness Society should look to the for examples) and Anchorage's Frigid Bits crew. There will be beginner's and advanced courses.

IF I am home this weekend, I think I will participate in the beginner's race. We sort of had plans to go into Anchorage for the Fur Rondy activities. Truth be told, I would rather do the race than go to Anchorage.

WaaaaHOOOOOO! It's FUN in the Valley!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Do the race. Anchorage will always be there.

Snakebite said...

TAKE AND POST PICS!

Michelle said...

The weather is looking bad for the Matanuska Valley, starting Thursday evening high wind 65 to 80 mph gusts. Hopefully it will end by Friday night and the race will go on Saturday.

Now I have to talk myself into doing the race...I'm a wimp.