Friday, March 02, 2007

Who's Yo Daddy??


My parents came over to my house last weekend. I was showing my dad my bike shop. I was explaining to him WHY I have so many bikes, the purpose for each one, when I came to my little winter bike.

He thought the winter bike set-up was pretty cool and and decided to take it for a ride. OKAY...I was a little concerned, he is pretty inactive and getting a little long in the tooth. I am sure he will never read this blog, so I feel pretty safe saying "long in the tooth" :) . But he is still THE DAD. So he off he went.

He rode around the barns and was pretty impressed with the grip of the studded tires. He said he went up and down some icy snow berms and the tires started to slip out but then the studs gripped and he was back on track (thank GOD, it would have been awful if he got hurt).

He really enjoyed his little ride, he had a big grin on his face when he was bringing the bike back into the shop (I missed that picture-darn).

Dad and I had a micro-bonding moment.
Watch out Frigid Bits Boys, Dad just might take you guys on....and you better let him win :)
The wind is still out of control here but it's supposed to end tonight, just in time for the Frozen Moose Drewl race tomorrow. It is a race-at-your-own-pace. I have just about talked myself INTO doing it, the hardest part for me is actually getting the guts to show up. I'm not fast or a technical mountain biker. I figure I will be the last rider out there....which is OK because someone has to be last, right??? And being last in a bike ride is better than not riding at all...right? Right.
I just read the Alaska Forum on MTBR.com. Sounds like trail conditions will be good. I only have studded tires, no fat tires or whatever else the real winter riders use. Tomorrow will be interesting!

4 comments:

Snakebite said...

Right.

Karen Travels said...

It's all about having fun, and it sounds like you will. Sigh....I am glad spring is here in North Carolina...but sometimes I really miss winter!!

Chris said...

Buy him a full suspension mtb for father's day along with all of the gear to look cool.

Michelle said...

I offered to buy him a bike last summer, he wasn't interested. I will try again. Anchorage has nice bike paths and trails.

Spring? What's that?? :)