Sunday, April 09, 2006

For Steve: American Beauty

Steve of Biking in Halifax challenged me to find a cocktail using Tawny Port. I don't know how good this is, I don't have all the ingredients to try it but here's my pick based on the ingredients. I think I will buy some little bottles of brandy and creme de menthe and try it.

You gotta love the name!

American Beauty
1 oz Brandy
1/4 tsp Creme de Menthe
1 oz Orange Juice
1 tsp Grenadine
1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
1/2 oz Tawny Port

Directions
In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the brandy, vermouth, creme de menthe, orange juice, and grenadine. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass. Pouring slowly and carefully, float the port on top.

1 comment:

steve said...

That's amazing! I didn't think there was a cocktail that would work with tawny port... Great name, too!

The son of a friend of mine had his wisdom teeth pulled last week. He was told to take it easy for several weeks to let the gums heal. He was out on the trails this afternoon and I guess he burst the clot as his mouth filled with blood. In his words... "I had to book it cuz I just gobbed it out over the side of the trail and this cop came outta nowhere and I hit him right in the chest it was AWESOME!!!". Just think, if you're too eager to get on your bike, you too could be out there spewing bodily fluids at members of the local constabulary ;-)