Sunday, March 23, 2008

Night sled ride

Test run on the sled Easter Bunny, can you find it?


I'm back from the cabin - 8 days of serenity, amazing starry skys (I only see the stars in the winter, so it's special). I lost a lot of pictures and video, somehow got deleted while tranferring them to my computer.




We built up banking corners on the trail up to the cabin, then strung lights down the trail, lighted by a generator. We then had night bobsled rides on the custom make sleds that Capt'n Balance created, very fast, feet strapped in, bottom coated with P-tex, some sort of teflon coating - very, very slick. Not a ride for the faint-of-heart but damn fun! I went off the trail once, almost impaled my neck on a tree. built up the banks higher but didn't so everything is OK!
Now back to work, over-time, school, regular life.
Bad news - arthritis in both wrists, causing lots of problems with riding my road bike.

4 comments:

The Donut Guy said...

That sled run looks *way* cool!

I feel your pain concerning the arthritis.

I have it in my knees which really puts a damper on my winter cycling.

Unknown said...

Looks really beautiful up there; I can see why you stayed away so long. That easter bunny is eerily similar to the killer rabbit from the Holy Grail movie! :^)
Sorry about the arthritis. I have some of that in my shoulder after a good shovelling. It is a reminder of my wilder days on a bike and a few run in with trees.
Welcome back!

Dano said...

You guys sure know how to have fun!

amidnightrider said...

It's starting to look like spring up there. Less snow, more sun and only 40 below.